Optix.NET is a .NET wrapper for the Nvidia Optix GPU ray-tracing library.
The project is currently a work in progress and is in the Beta stage. All Nvidia OptiX features have been integrated. Please feel free to try it out, report any bugs, and make suggestions on improvements.
I have put a small tutorial on creating an Optix.NET program here:
Screen capture of the PathTracer sample in the SDK:
Image featuring Indirect vs Direct lighting in the Instant Radiosity sample.
Indirect Virtual Point Lights were created with Optix and consumed by Direct3D11 pixel and compute shaders.
- Nvidia G80 (8800GTX) GPU or above.
- Install Nvidia CUDA 4.0 SDK. (Optix 2.5 is most compatible with CUDA 4.0)
- Install 32-bit Nvidia Optix 2.5 SDK.
- Make sure “CUDA_PATH_V4_0” exists and points to your CUDA 4.0 installation pat
- Ex: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0
- Set "OPTIX_PATH" environment variable to your Optix 2.5 installation.
- Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\OptiX SDK 2.5.0